Monday, September 7, 2015

This I believe: I am good at reading

As far back as I can remember I have always been a reader. My mom says that I would sit on a bench as far back as when I was two and would "read" upside down books to my twin sister. I remember being in kindergarten and knowing how to spell elephant and my teacher whose last name was Dickens which is my maiden name, paraded me around all the classrooms having me spell elephant over and over. Everyone was so impressed, and I really couldn't figure out why it was such a big deal. Didn't everyone know how to spell elephant? I really loved Mrs. Dickens, and she loved me too. She always let me be in the front of the line. I always thought we were related but we weren't. She's Buckner now. I read Stephen King's "The Gunslinger" when I was in fourth grade. I didn't hardly understand it but I loved it. I reread it when I was in highschool and love the whole "Dark Tower" series. My brother-in-law share Stephen King in common and when my older sister Heather started dating Branden, I was in 5th grade and he was pretty impressed that I could read Stephen King, let alone liked the books. The next Stephen King book I read was in 5th grade it was "Desperation" my all time favorite Stephen King book. Then, in 6th grade I read "Dreamcatcher" and I love that book too. I have never read the Regulators, which is a Richard Bauchman book. Not many people know Richard Bauchman is Stephen Kings pseudonym. My all time favorite book is "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I have read it probably about ten times. I feel like books have been my way to get away from life. I stopped reading after I had my son and have recently started reading again. I have read "Gerald's Game" by Stephen King and "A Bend in the Road" by Nicholas Sparks. I like a wide variety of book topics. I prefer thrillers but also like a good romance here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment