Monday, August 31, 2015

My Perspective of Myself

According to Jung Typology, I have a I(ntrovert) S(ensing) F(eeling) J(udging) personality type. Basically, the test had me down to a T. I see myself as someone who can put myself in other's shoes. I can sympathize with and reassure people who are in a tough spot. Sometimes, I will act on impulse driven by emotions and may lash out. I am an open-minded person and enjoy deep conversations about the world, I enjoy reading stories about people from different countries who have different cultures. I am sensitive and often take things personally, such as critiquing from fellow classmates, though, I have gotten better at taking critiquing and making it positive. I do not like to stick out in a crowd, mostly because I'm not quick on my feet and fear that I would say something that made me look ignorant or rude, therefore even with writing I feel like I must be thorough and really think about what I am trying to say. I am a hard worker and do not stay still for very long, often when I start a project I like to finish it. I am as some would say, a creature of habit. I love a good routine. However, I know and accept that life is constantly changing, and adapt easily to new routines. I do not peg myself as a leader but if I knew the job or group well and felt confident about the particular thing, I would step up to the plate and do my best at it. I think that I get along best with people who have similar personalities as me. I try to get along with everyone I meet, but find certain personality types more difficult. People who are more in-your-face, loud, and confrontational I can only take in small doses. I feel that I see things through a romantic light, and perhaps my greatest personality downfall is that I expect to much out of situations and people. This trait might possibly be my greatest benefit as a writer because I like to use words that have deeper meanings. In writing, I like for things to be in order and to make sense. As a student, I want to learn all that I can to be a better writer.

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Remember to define the terms for your audience so they understand your connections. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete